Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Rock Star

***This is my second post for today.  For my Colour Throwdown post please scroll down or click here.***



When I saw the latest CAS(E) This Sketch design I knew I wanted to use stars in the corner but it wasn't until I saw the latest ColourQ palette that I knew what colours I would make them.  I like that these colours could work for a girl or a guy and while I initially thought I'd inlay the dies I ended up stacking them instead for a bit of dimension.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Peach Parfait, Hello Honey, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Label Love) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Nesting Star) Lifestyle Crafts
Gems:  Recollections

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

This would look good inlaid, too, but I like the dimension that layering gives to your card. Great interpretation of the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the simplicity, love the little blocked sentiment! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Hannelie said...

That sketch didn't need anything more. Just PERFECT!
Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch Jen!

Jen Mitchell said...

Great card! I thought about inlaying my die cuts too but opted for stacking them because it is SOOO much easier! Love those stars!

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card....just so sweet! I love those fabulous stars, just a fun way to use this week's colors. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the layered dies! :-)