Monday, August 24, 2015

Flowers & Balloons


The Pinterest Inspired Challenge is new in town and judging from the number of gorgeous entries it's going to be a popular one.  I love the colours and the fun flowers in this inspiration picture and it immediately made me think of the flowers and leaves from a My Cute Stamps set.  I stamped them in black and then I took shapes from Simon Says Stamps' Scribble Flowers to "colour in" the images.  The layout is based on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches but I flipped it upside down.  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers & leaves from Celebrate Today) My Cute Stamps, (Circles from Scribble Flowers) Simon Says Stamp, (Sentiment from Oh Happy Day) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Gems:  Recollections


Next up is an entry for Curtain Call.  I was inspired by the colours, the flowers and the stripes in the background.  I paired some of my favourite Paper Smooches dies with some striped paper from Lawn Fawn and an Altenew sentiment.  Unfortunately this is one of those cards that I love in real life but I feel like the picture is lacking.  I always have a hard time photographing black cardstock so maybe that's it.  It just doesn't seem to have translated well.





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black) Stampin' Up, (Gold)
Patterned Paper:  (Let's Polka 6x6) Lawn Fawn
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Many Thanks) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Crystal Clear 3, Flowers) Paper Smooches, (Stitched rectangle) Mama Elephant
Gems:  Recollections

  
My final card uses this week's  palette from ColourQ.  I love this colour combination - so bright and cheerful and perfect for some happy birthday balloons although apparently I've been using a lot of balloons lately because Luis' reaction to the card was, "Really?  Balloons again?"  Hmmm…  is that a challenge?  Clearly it's time I get more creative with my birthday cards!  Time to dust off some NBUS and get to work! That's it for me today.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll see you back here tomorrow with CASology!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Cake & Candles) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Balloons) Simon Says Stamp, (Bows) Avery Elle
Gems:  Recollections

16 comments:

Lynn said...

You know I love all those fabulous flowers...and your all inky Pinterest Inspired card...wowzers! Love, love, love Jen.

Hannelie said...

3 cards that just put a BIG smile on my face. Awesome job with each and everyone!

lostinpaper said...

Fantastic collection of inspiration Jen, just had to pin your PIC card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I am completely blown away today with are these fantastic creations! Your Pinterest Inspired Card is just gorgeous and I love all the colourful play with your next two cards! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Shelly said...

Love these all! Fabulous and beautiful cards!!

Amy O said...

These are all beautiful, bright, happy cards. Thanks for joining in our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

These are really wonderful! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful set of cards! So bright and summery! Thanks for joining our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Petrella said...

All three of these are FABULOUS!!! I especially LOVE your first card! What an incredible take on the inspiration photo!!! SO GORGEOUS!

Michelle said...

Amazing trio of cards, Jen!! I am swooning over those enormous balloons!!! Love the scattered gems too! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Lindsey said...

Three more gorgeous cards!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card for the Pinterest Inspired challenge is outstanding Jen!! I see a winner here!! Love the big balloons on your final card too. Amazing cards today...as always!

~amy~ said...

You're totally rockin' the challenges...love them ALL

Darnell said...

Three ups to bat, Jen, and three home runs!! I love them all! No matter what image, balloon, or doodah you use, you do it well! Funny you should mention dusting off your NBUS - my next challenge is happening September 8-18! I hope you can join in!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

Wow, talk about productive! Awesome take on all the challenges!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats Miss Jen, LOVELY Card, I LOVE it... so sad about Atticus...I have definitely been there. If I could reach through my machine for a big HUG, here it is ---Arghhhh mmmmmmphhhh that is my hug.

CONGRATS again in the TOPS Jen, because you are the tops, the top banana!..I have a song in my head, tho I don't know the words, LOL!!!