Tuesday, May 12, 2015

CASology #146


Welcome to Week 146 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


As soon as I saw the cue word for this week I knew it was time to break out this Papertrey Ink set that I've had for ages but have never touched.  I wanted to keep it super simple by not coloring the image so I stamped it on a coloured card base to add some interest.  Originally I was going to stamp the sentiment directly onto the card base as well but it didn't pop enough so I embossed it onto a black piece of cardstock and popped it up on foam tape.  

Be sure to check out all the gorgeous inspiration from the design team and then get crafting!




And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Bermuda Bay, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Piano & sentiment from Rhythm & Soul) Papertrey Ink
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Gems:  Recollections

18 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this classic image (it's in the vault at PTI, so I probably will not get it) and your simple use of it!

I Card Everyone said...

Jen this is so wonderful... I've never seen this PTI! Fantastic!
=] Michele

Deepti said...

This is lovely! I like the white embossed image over blue :)

Loll said...

Your beautiful image white embossed image just pops off that gorgeous blue.

Lynn said...

Love your card! Definitely going to have to play along. Already have a music card made for this week :)

Joyce said...

This is a fabulous card. Love your simple white embossed image on the brightly colored card base.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a classic Jen, great colors and CAS design!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen the white embossed piano is so cool!

OH Babs said...

what a great stamp and I love the color of the paper.

wienerhoneymooners said...

FAB!! Love the colour and the white with black, WOW!!

laurie said...

Such a fun image for the challenge! Love this!

Happy Dance said...

Thanks, Jen, for your kind words on my blog. Means the world to have such sweet friends out there in blogland! LOVE this card. Those colors are perfect. And I love that grand piano. The black accents are just right too; makes everything just pop. Great sentiment. Remind me to tell you a story about Hans Christian Andersen some time... Have a wonderful week! Bev

Judy1223 said...

Jen, I do love that piano image and it is perfect embossed in white. Honestly, I REALLY love that sentiment! It is so true! Beautiful in white against the black cardstock. Perfect all around!

Kara Lynne said...

I love the embossing on the colored cs! The black banner and the black accents are wonderful with that great piano image!

Marybeth said...

I love this set Jen and your beautiful CAS card! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic Jen! So many musicians in the family who would absolutely LOVE this! Need to also add this stamp to my collection. That popped up black sentiment is perfect!

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful piano stamp! It's perfect in white on the coloured card base.

lostinpaper said...

Great choice of colours and sentiment too Jen!