Friday, September 19, 2014

Holiday Cheer


A Christmas card!  Yes!  I finally got around to making one thanks to the inspiration at The Challenge.  I know that nothing about the sketch or colours is particularly Christmasy but somehow it sent me off in that direction so I went with it.  Thank goodness.  The first Christmas card is always the hardest for me.  Once that one's out of the way I can really start cranking them out.  And maybe next year I'll actually join in with one of those weekly Christmas challenges.  I look at them dutifully every week and then proceed to ignore them. Perhaps next year will be different…


Supplies Used
Cardstock:  (Real Red, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Holiday Cheer) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Holiday Cheer Trees, Double Ended Banners) Papertrey Ink, (Nesties Standard Circles Large) Spellbinders
Gems:  (Ladybug assortment) Doodlebug

15 comments:

Christine Blain said...

I just LOVE this, Jen! So fresh, clean and bold. Gorgeous.

Michelle said...

Beautiful ... just LOVE this color combo for a holiday card!!

Lynn said...

Oh I love how you used the colors and sketch together. The bling is perfect...and you know we'd love to see you at Festive Friday :)

Deepti said...

Cool design! I like those gem stones on the trees :)

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this Jen! I am pinning to CASE! These colors are great for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

Jeanne J. said...

Super fun! I love those sparkly trees!

Lindsey said...

Hooray for the first Christmas card! I've been ignoring those challenges, too. ;) Luckily, once I start making Christmas cards, it's all I want to do. I think taking the colours and the sketch gave you a cool, modern and terrific card! (Besides, there is red, after all...)

karen h said...

Awesome card!

Lori said...

What a fun holiday card! These colors work perfectly here! Love the sparkly gems on the trees.

Lesley said...

I love that you went in a holiday direction! This card is adorable, with the stamped sentiments down one side. Clever idea! Happy you joined us, Jen!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello Jen!! My you have nailed a fun Christmas card that really makes the sketch sing! Perfection in the trees with the baubles on them and the fun banner and strip. So glad that you have joined in The Challenge, and that you took a step in the way of Christmas cards! I have to make one every week or so... I think it is the glitter!!! Though I don't do the glitter so much myself, it just catches my eye! LOL!

lostinpaper said...

Brilliant!

Kim S said...

Fabulous and fresh Christmas card with the teal!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your festive design Jen, those colours really rock!

Joyce said...

What a fun Christmas card. I love the colors and that very cool grouping of trees.