Friday, July 25, 2014

Oh, Ship!



Hi there!  I'm popping in with a card for the current RetroSketches challenge.  I CASified the sketch a bit - took out a layer and replaced the bow with a banner - but I think the sketch is still pretty clear on my card.  I fought my hoarding instinct and used a piece of patterned paper for the background.  I thought the waves on it were perfect for the design.  I love this Simon Says set.  It always gives me a little giggle!  :)  Hope you've all got fun plans for the weekend! 







Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Kraft) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Uncharted Waters 6x6) Glitz
Stamps:  (Ship & sentiment from Naughty Nautical) Simon Says Stamp
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punch:  (2" circle) Marvy Uchida

8 comments:

Shona Chambers said...

Absolutely brilliant take on the sketch. I love that sentiment and how your card is so clean and simple. Fabulous!!

Megan Carroll said...

This is so cute Jen! Glad you didn't hoard that paper, it is perfect on this card!

Joyce said...

This is really cute, and such a fun sentiment.

Lindsey said...

Fun card, and the sketch inspiration is definitely evident! Love the way the banner emphasizes the best part of the sentiment.

~amy~ said...

So much fun, love that stamp set!

lostinpaper said...

Uber fun card Jen, I love this set!

Melissa said...

Jen, your cards always make me laugh! That sentiment is awesome...I'd never seen it before! What a hoot! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this Jen! The ship is fantastic!