Tuesday, July 8, 2014

CASology #103


Welcome to Week 103 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


This week's cue word definitely had me thinking right up until the last minute.  Lots of things came to mind - glowworms (seen only at certain times of the year in the water), phosphorescence, lightning bugs, neon, blushing, lanterns, city lights, etc - but none of them were morphing into card ideas for me.  Finally a design came to mind - the glow of a TV screen!  I pulled out the fabulous Paper Smooches set called Boob Tubes and googled some TVs.  Quite a few red ones popped up so I went for a fabulous fire engine red TV.  I would have loved to have had one like that as a kid!  Now it's your turn to make your cards glow.  Check out the amazing designs from the rest of the design team and then get glowing!  :) 


Meghan McMillan (Taking a break)

And this week's guest designer:

And our July guest designer:

Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Smokey Slate, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (TV from Boob Tubes) Paper Smooches, (Sentiment from Sty Tuned) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Inline Letters) Mama Elephant

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your boob tube...so fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

Now that is super creative Jen!

Shelly said...

Ha! Love what you came up with! Very clever!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your card, Jen!! Your struggle on GLOW paid off! May

Kristie Goulet said...

Very clever card, Jen!!! Love it!

Bobby said...

Love the red TV and the sentiment is perfect with it.

Joyce said...

This is really fun and creative. I would have loved a red tv like this as a kid.

Lindsey said...

What an original idea, love it! And forget about being a kid, I'd like a red tv now! :)

lostinpaper said...

Great take on the Cue, I would never have thought of this!

Deepti said...

You mind works wonders when it come to clever :) love it !

Judy1223 said...

Jen, this TV is awesome...there is definitely a glow from our TV! Great colors, great image, fun card!

Gillian R said...

Very clever take on the cue card Jen, you always come up with the best ideas

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! I love your take the cue word. I didn't even think of a television glow. You would think, since my tv watches me sleep every night, lol. Great card.