Friday, July 11, 2014

CAS-ual Fridays Guest Designer



Hello and Happy Friday!  I am so excited that thanks to this card I am a Guest Designer over at CAS-ual Fridays today!  I've had lots of fun playing with CF goodies and have 4 cards to share with you.  The first two cards I made using the technique of stamping the backside of a stamp and then stamping the correct side over it.  I love that this flower stamp didn't create a perfect circle when I used the backside of it.  I like the wonkiness!


The same thing happened with the backside of this stamp - love the scalloped edge it created!  I stamped the correct side of the image in orange and then covered the whole image in orange Stickles.  It's got such fabulous sparkle in real life!


For this card I created my own background pattern with these awesome jack images.  They're so funky and fun!  I also pulled out my neglected Hero Arts inks for all of these cards - I'd forgotten how gorgeous they are!


For my last card I kept it super simple - die cuts from coloured cardstock and a sentiment on a Simon Says banner.

Thanks so much to Michele for having me as a guest over at CAS-ual Fridays.  Michele was one of my earliest supports and blog followers and I've love watching CAS-ual Fridays evolve from a brilliant challenge site to an awesome company full of amazing products!  If you are inspired by any of my cards and "need" to do some shopping then head straight over to the CAS-ual Fridays store for look at their entire collection!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Kraft) Papertrey Ink, (Strawberry Slush, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Calm & Gentle, Exclamations, Mum's the Word, Shenanigans, Sunbeams) CAS-ual Fridays
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Bubble Gum, Raspberry Jam, Pale Tomato, Orange Soda,  Butter Bar, Tide Pool) Hero Arts, (Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Dies:  (Casual Trees) CAS-ual Fridays, (Small Folded Banners) Simon Says Stamp
Twine:  Darice
Glitter:  (Orange Peel Stickles) Ranger, (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Doodlebug, Craft Supplies for Less

4 comments:

Lynn said...

A big congrats on a very well deserved guest design team spot. Your cards are gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

yahooooo!!!!!
awesome cards!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards and congrats!!! :)

Lindsey said...

CAS-ual Fridays is lucky to have you sharing your talents with their product! Terrific quartet of cards.