Sunday, April 6, 2014

Oh Ship!


Hello!!!  I am ecstatic to be typing up this post right now! My internet has been down since late Friday night and I've been wandering around like a lost soul all weekend.  Luis and Atti have been treading very carefully around me - no internet makes for a VERY grumpy Jen!  LOL! Anyway it's back and I have lots to catch up on but first I wanted to post a card for the Simon Says Wednesday birthday challenge and for the Seize the Birthday Anything Goes challenge.  This is the card I sent to my brother this year.  I didn't actually forget his birthday but I knew this card was going to be really late.  He enjoyed it and I has some fun using some red embossing powder and some old Cosmo Cricket papers.  Okay.  Off to catch up on blog surfing!  Yay!!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Kraft ) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  ((Salt Air Mini Deck) Cosmo Cricket
Stamps:  (All from Naughty Nautical) Simon Says Stamp
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Zinc Rouge) American Crafts
Dies:  (Tag Sale #5) Papertrey Ink, (Stitched Banner) Lil' Inker Designs

13 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fun!! :)

Michelle said...

Maybe your internet connection died of shock when I left a couple of comments on your blog? LOL! I hope it doesn't go down again at the repeat visit. ;-) I love this card, Jen. The embossed ship, the design, the colours, and the clever sentiment, it all makes for a striking combination.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Jen, the embossing on the design paper tag is perfect! (ps don't know how you coped without the net... I'd be devastated lol)

Malika said...

Very nice. Love it

Malika

Macarena said...

Simply love your card!
The color palette you chose is amazing and fits perfectly to the kraft background. Just fabulous!
Thank you for joining us at STB.
Hugs, Marzena DT

~amy~ said...

I love that stamp set...awesome colors.
it stinks when there's no internet..glad it's back up!

Diane Jaquay said...

So FUN, that tag ROCKS!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your masculine birthday card! The tag is fabulous....love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lindsey said...

Awesome tag with the patterned papers, and looks great on the kraft card base. No internet... you have my belated sympathy! ;)

Colleen said...

What a great masculine card... love that sentiment! Great tag too! Thank you for sharing it with us STB!

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! You rocked that SSS Stamp Set! Great card!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Jessi Fogan said...

YAY FOR INTERNETS!
I love how the ship looks as if it's sailing into the sunset - awesome paper choices! And you know I love the Oh Ship :)

Toni said...

LOL. Really clever and good designing. Congrats on the win