Friday, April 11, 2014

Jumping on the Bandwagon



Okay, so I know I'm waaaaay late for this bandwagon but I have never been very good at keeping up with trends.  And even when I do get my hands on trendy products it takes me ages to get around to using them.  Take the stencil and spray mists that I used here - I had to wipe the dust off of both of them before I started!  Ah well, better late than never.  And you know what? I just might try this again.  It was pretty fun and I'm pleased with the final result.  So pleased in fact that I'm going to enter it into the Virginia's View stencil challenge and the Moxie Fab stencil challenge.  Yee haw!  Now off to dust off some more stencils…




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Smokey Slate, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Specialty Paper:  (Watercolour paper) Mead
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Always Here) Skipping Stones Designs
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black), Tsukineko
Die:  (Tilted Banners) Simon Says Stamp
Die Cuts:  (Paper Revelie Noir Butterflies) Making Memories
Stencil:  (Circle Graph Mask) Studio Calico
Mists:  (Mister Huey Boss Lady) Studio Calico, (Perfect Pearl Mist) Ranger
Gems:  (Cupcake assortment) Doodlebug

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh this is fabulous Jen. I love the soft mix of patterned paper against the pink background. You should definitely do this again!

Bobby said...

Yes, do it again, Jen. This turned out spectacular. I love stenciling - even on walls, (lol) although that trend went out a while ago.

Joyce said...

So glad you jumped on this trend. Your card is just lovely. I have jumped on the shopping for mist and stencil trend, but have yet to jump on the using those things trend. Perhaps I will wait until they go out of style.

Deepti said...

Ooo la la!! Jen what a masterpiece, Lovelt stenciling and colors, I see a winner here :)

Unknown said...

This is an aweseome card Jen! and you know the old saying 'better late than never'...

lostinpaper said...

Glad to hear the dust was wiped off and the goods came out to play, what a fun result Jen!

Virginia L. said...

I am so glad that the challenges prompted you to play and try something new! The colors and mists are fabulous with your design, Jen! Way to rock the stencil challenge! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! I hope that you continue to play with stencils and mists :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Superb card, Jen! Hope this hooks you on stencils :)

~amy~ said...

looks awesome!

Michele Kovack said...

Beautiful! Love the background behind the butterfly!

Gillian R said...

This is so beautiful Jen, love it

Jessi Fogan said...

I love it! And trends...bah. You've got to wait until it fits in with your own style, or you won't enjoy using the newest stuff anyway!

Lindsey said...

Obviously you just had to wait until the perfect inspiration struck -- and this stencil with the butterfly is just that!