Tuesday, March 4, 2014

CASology #85


Welcome to Week 85 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


When I think of carnivals and fairs I think of stomach churning rides, unwinnable games and yummy food.  My favourite is funnel cake but I didn't have any funnel cake images kicking around.  :)  However, I came across some flock in the Craft Cave recently and it immediately made me think of cotton candy.  I've never used flock before (NBUS!) and I'm definitely going to need a bit more practice with it because it was nice and fluffy at first but fell a little flat once the glue dried. (Any tips for the best glue or other sticky stuff to use?) Anyway it did add some texture and a bit of that wispy softness of cotton candy to the image so it was a good first attempt.  And now it's your turn.  Check out the fabulous creations from the Design Team and then show us what comes to mind when you think of a carnival!  




And this week's guest designer:

Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST on Sunday, 9 March.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Kraft) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Cotton candy & sentiment from Admit One) Lawn Fawn
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  Recollections
Flock:  Doodlebug
Markers:  (RV02, E21) Copic

18 comments:

Ardyth said...

Classic CAS layout - love the flocking!

Meghan said...

The flocking is perfect as is this card! The epitome of clean and simple!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so CUTE!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen the flocking is excellent! Now I want some cotton candy with a big side order of SPRING!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Too cute!
Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

Perfect CAS take on this week's cue word Jen!!! Your card makes me to be craving for cotton candy! One question! What's the flock?? I googled it, but I couldn't find any images related with crafts. May

Lindsey said...

Sounds like your flock behaved kind of like cotton candy itself. ;) This is sweet and cute and CAS!

Maureen Merritt said...

Your card is sweet :) What a perfect stamp for this weeks Cue Card!

Bobby said...

Cute cotton candy, Jen. I'm with you on the funnel cakes, if they're the same as elephant ears.

Joyce said...

Oh, I love cotton candy. Haven't had it for ages. It is so cute on your card, and your simple layout is perfect. I love that your card is kraft.

lostinpaper said...

Super fun card Jen (had to google what funnel cake was, it looks so yummy)!

Jasleen Kaur said...

Super-sweet card Jen. Great take on the cue card :)

Deepti said...

Super cute n super intelligent :)

Judy1223 said...

Really, no funnel cake images lying around in your stash? I like cotton candy better anyway, and the flocking is such a cool idea for the texture! Your card made me smile, as usual...you have a gift for that!

Judy1223 said...

Me again...I also meant to agree with the "unwinnable games" comment! :)

Jenny said...

I'm with you on all the carnival thoughts and candy floss is the best childhood memory...can't stand the stuff now!!! Great idea to use flock for the floss :0)
I googled funnel cake too..... Oh wow, looks yummy xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wonderful CANDY! Eye candy CAS ness!!!

Gillian R said...

Simply perfection Jen. Love it