Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fusion Blooms


How pretty is this week's Fusion picture?  I love the yellow and grey against that light woodgrain and took that as my main inspiration (I wasn't really feeling the sketch this week).  I've been looking for a reason to use my new Sweet Stamp Shop Elegant Bloom flowers and this was the perfect opportunity! I love that Papertrey Ink tag and don't use it enough so I broke it out and gave it some love.  I know there's no turquoise in the picture but I'm going a little rogue - that paper just called out to me as I flipped through the pad.  Can't wait to go and see the rest of the entries - it's always a gorgeous gallery!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Yellow from Essentials 6x6) Authentique, (Herringbone, woodgrain & turquoise from Dolled Up 6x6, Grey from Indie Chic Saffron 6x6) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Flowers from Elegant Blooms) Sweet Stamp Shop, (Sentiment from Sentiment Sampler) Market Street Stamps
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Dies:  (Tag Sale #3) Papertrey Ink, (Tilted Banners) Simon Says Stamp

19 comments:

Lynn said...

I love your take on the inspiration photo...the paper piecing is awesome and I love the pop of turquoise. So glad you could play along with us at Fusion Jen!

Bobby said...

This is wonderful, Jen. Nothing says you can't add another color and I think that turquoise really adds to the card. I love the background paper, too.

Julia Aston said...

What a great card Jen! love how you split the tag and those pretty layered blooms! Thanks for playing with Fusion!

cm said...

"How pretty is the Fusion" inspiration should also read "How stunning, pretty and inspiring is Jen's take on the Fusion inspiration?" Answer: incredibly! Jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring delightful...swoon!!
c

Cathy Weber said...

LOL. Love your idea of rogue! You came up with another really great Fusion card Jen...beautiful flowers and I really like that herringbone patterned paper background.

Lindsey said...

Grey flowers again... and again it totally works! What a beautiful take on the challenge, Jen.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

Judy1223 said...

Watch out, Jen's going rogue! I love it! I think, honestly, that the pop of torquoise is perfect with the muted grays and yellows this week. A beautiful card!

Unknown said...

I totally love this card Jen!

Jessi Fogan said...

GOr.Geous! Love the grey blooms - they make the yellow really pop!

~amy~ said...

super PRETTY!

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful!
Laura

Deepti said...

Jen you did an amazing job in splitting the tag top and placing it in complete harmony with the BG chevron. Love ur card and the details :) thank you for sharing with us at Fusion!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Hi Jen! LOVE your yellow gingham rose front and center ... it's just gorgeous! And I certainly appreciate your rogue spirit : ) Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

Michelle said...

So pretty, Jen! I love your turquoise ribbon, it's perfect! I adore that yellow gingham flower. Such a gorgeous card! :-)

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous, Jen. I love the flowers and the treatment on the tag behind. A really stunning card
jaydee

Katie Ann Brooks said...

gorgeous! I love the DP and the touch of blue! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

lostinpaper said...

Love seeing all those fun design papers put together, what a beautiful card Jen! I just got some Avery Elle tag dies and I haven't put them away yet, they are soooo sweet!

Joyce said...

This is fabulous. I love your paper pieced flowers. I was not feeling this week's sketch either, but loved the photo.