Sunday, January 26, 2014

CAS-ual Sympathy


Popping in quickly this morning with an entry for the CAS-ual Fridays colour block challenge.  I christened a new (to me) CAS-ual Fridays  vine stamp and paired it with another Avery Elle sentiment.  I can't stop using these!  (Sorry, Lynn!). I even braved embossing on vellum.  Love the effect.  I was always afraid I'd burn the vellum but miraculously there were no Craft Cave fires to attend to!  LOL!  Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and are staying warm or cool depending on your hemisphere!  

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Rustic Cream) Papertrey Ink, (Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green, Garden Green) Stampin' Up
Vellum:  Strathmore
Stamps:  (Leaves from Casual Elegance) CAS-ual Fridays, (Sentiment from Oh Happy Day) Avery Elle
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Cup o' Joe) Hero Arts
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Ha...I was about to say something and then saw you apologized! Too funny....this card is so elegant and beautiful Jen!

Darnell said...

You did an awesome job on the embossing on vellum, Jen! This is a beautiful sympathy card and it's always nice to see more NBUS used on a card! Enjoy the day! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Petrella said...

Oh, Jen! You have really got to stop using these Avery Elle sentiments! I am lovin' them and feeling more and more like I NEED them!!! And if I order those then I have to order their pinked Elle-ements too....trying to be strong....trying to be strong! Love your take on the color block challenge!!! I have been struggling with trying to come up with something for that one. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jen, you are so brave to emboss on vellum. Thank you for testing it,now it is safe for me to try!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! I like how you subtly offset the panels. Embossing vellum is the best. ;)

Bobby said...

The more you use those stamps, the more I think I need them. This is a great card. I love embossed vellum.

Jessi Fogan said...

Yep, I'm suffering from sentiment envy too - that font! Ugh! I had to laugh about the fire comment because OMG, I *have* set off the smoke detector while embossing before...and scorched vellum. Oh well, live & learn! Love the staggered panels & those perfect greens!

Alice said...

such a pretty card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

cm said...

Stunning card, Jen; the embossed vellum is so eye-catching! And the sentiment...swooon!
c

lostinpaper said...

What great colour blocking, pinned Jen!
I'm so totally hooked on Avery Elle at the moment, such a fun stamp company!

Joyce said...

Just gorgeous. I love the offset middle panel and that embossed sentiment. I finally caved a couple of weeks ago and bought that AE sentiment set, after drooling over it every time I saw it used.

Deepti Stephens said...

Hi Jen, all your cards are so fresh and beautiful. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving some love. I'm so happy to follow you.. :)