Friday, August 23, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #42


Welcome to Week 42 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by N@ Ali:


I love this week's sketch - simple and fun with so many possibilities!  I pulled out my (sadly retired) So 80s set from WPlus9 and embossed this cool paint splodge with neon Zing powder.  I love the little tiny stars at the edges of it so I carried on the star theme with some Lifestyle Crafts nesting star dies.  Clean, crisp and to the point!  Can't wait to see all your entries this week but first, hop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch blog and see what else the fabulous ladies of the DT have come up with!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up, (Turquoise)
Stamps:  (Splodge from So 80s) WPlus9, Sentiment from Knick Knacks) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Cricket Zing) American Crafts
Dies:  (Nesting Stars) Lifestyle Crafts
Gems:  (Limeade assortment) Doodlebug

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is signature Jen - love the pops of colour against the grey cardbase!

Deepti said...

Love it, the neon looks great :)

~amy~ said...

I so very love this!!!

Joni Andaya said...

So loving the color Jen, it just pop!

Lynn said...

I love this sketch too...been way too long since I've played along. Super fun card Jen!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

I adore this card!!!

Lindsey said...

That neon "splodge" is awesome! I'd say this card totally rocks.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

that paint effect is so cool, and the sentiment on it works so well!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely AMAZING colours, Jen! That grey base is genius - everything pops on it. And I need that colour ZING powder. (well, 'need' is probably a strong word....reaaaaaallly want.)

Maureen Morton said...

Brilliant! Love the colors and the boldness - so artsy, too.

Kim S said...

I've never noticed the stars on that stamp - your neon swoosh and the big star on top works perfectly!