Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Migration



I'm not usually much of a bingo player but I really wanted to join in with CAS-ual Fridays 2nd birthday challenge so I hemmed and hawed for a while before landing on the Birthday/Bling/Punches or Dies line.  I used the colours from The Paper Players challenge to help me along as they felt appropriately celebratory!  I used both a die and a punch here.  I layered 6 PTI Double Ended Banner dies to get a chevron look and then used a 1/8" hole punch for some confetti. Clean, crisp and ready to celebrate!  
  


Spring migration in Bermuda doesn't involve the usual suspects.  Rather than birds passing through we have boats on their way to the Caribbean!  The harbour is normally not this full so it's fun to see all the different ships and also to have St. George's (the town across the harbour) bustling with people.  Off to work now.  Hope you all have a wonderful day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Sugar Rush) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Double Ended Banner) Papertrey Ink
Punch:  (1/8" hole punch) McGill
Gems:  Recollections

13 comments:

maria f. said...

I think somehow I've missed the fact that you reside in (or should I say on?) Bermuda! That looks so wonderful. Like your card - saw those colors and thought "can't do that". You've done it well with so much white.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

Love this, all the little details stand out so well on the happy, crisp white background!

Alice said...

so simple and cute! love the colorful banner tail! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Pamela said...

Love the confetti! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jessi Fogan said...

Haha, our spring migration is Americans ;)
I love how you made the matching confetti, and the layered banners are too cool!

Lindsey said...

You know this is my kind of card! Bold, graphic, CAS... awesome!

Amy O said...

What a cute card! I love the little dots and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Joyce said...

Love this card. It would work for a male or female. I never thought to layer those die cuts like that, and you just gave me another great idea about how to make confetti. Oh, and your neighborhood is beautiful!

Maureen Morton said...

Sweet and fun card, Jen - love the graphic impact and the colors. But, I can't take my eyes off of those photos. You really do live in wonderland........be still my heart! I wanna be right there! Lucky lady - thanks so much for sharing.

Jocelyn Olson said...

What a fab and chic card, Jen! The graphic layered banners are so cool! Love your pics of the harbor. *sigh* So pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaydee said...

Jen, your CAS card is so on trend and I love that it could be used for either gender. The strong colors work so well and the added bling was just perfect. of course, I love all of that lovely white space! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and thank you for rocking my challenge.
Jaydee
P.S. Loved your spring migration photos :-)

Lisa Arana said...

love the little bits of confetti. a perfect party card.

ahhh, look at those boats. what a lovely view.

LeAnne said...

Wow, this is such a cool concept...I love how you layered these banners! And the confetti is an extra-fun touch! Wow, I'd better not let DH see your harbor pix....he'll be wanting to move to Bermuda (not such a bad idea, though!)! Thanks so much for participating in our challenge this week!