Friday, May 17, 2013

1st Birthday



This week's Muse card by the fabulous Therese Calvird came along at the perfect time for me.  It's my Goddaughter's 1st birthday party on Saturday and I needed to make a few cards for her.  I actually bought this stamp set after being inspired by a few of Therese's cards so it seemed only right that I use it here.  Aside from the stamp itself I was also inspired by the sweet colours, the patterns and the banner.  It also got me to use some long hoarded My Mind's Eye papers (remember the Quite Contrary collections?) and that is always a good thing!  Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Rose Red) Stampin' Up
Patterned Papers:  (Quite Contrary Little Miss Muffet collection) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Elephant from Circus Animals) My Cute Stamps, (Sentiment from Simple Salutations) Market Street Stamps
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (By The Numbers) Papertrey Ink

16 comments:

Lynn said...

100% Adorable. Love that 1 sitting on top of the sweet little elephant.

~amy~ said...

perfect-o!

Ardyth said...

Love it - so clearly inspired by the Muse, but completely different, too! Thanks for playing along, Jen!

Joyce said...

This is so very darling, and an absolutely perfect birthday card for a 1 year old girl. She will know that it is an elephant!

Greta said...

Love this adorable card!

Karen M said...

Adorable card Jen - just perfect for a first birthday and your elephant is so sweet - hugs xx

Lisa Arana said...

aw, I needed an idea for our niece's birthday and I think you have just set me off in the right direction. thank you for this darling card.

lostinpaper said...

Cute cute MEGA cute Jen. Love how you have taken the elements but still made the card totally your own, you go GF!

Neets B said...

I love your interpretation, great card :)

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie, Jen, love how this sweet elephant is carrying the '1' ... perfectly adorable! Anita :)

Lindsey said...

EEK! I'm seeing pink elephants... pink _gingham_ elephants! :P What an absolutely adorable card, Jen -- super sweet.

Michelle said...

So cute! Jen, this card is so much fun! I love it!

Jean said...

What a super cute card for your one year old Goddaughter ~ love your take on the inspiration!

Chrissy Larson said...

He he he...super cute, Jen!

Jessi Fogan said...

See, the Quite Contrary was waiting for this card. Totally perfect! I love that little gingham ellie!

Jenny said...

That little elephant is just the job for a little ones birthday card and a great choice to carry that huge number 1 too :0)
Fab idea for CASEing Therese's card :0)
Jenny x