Monday, February 4, 2013

You Rev Me Up!



 As usual I'm being a total Last Minute Lucy and scooting in with hours to spare for the Moxie Fab challenges.  I'm actually entering this card in two Moxie Fab World challenges - the Make A Card With A Window challenge and the Make Your Own Background Paper challenge.  

I started off by using the colours from the Play Date Cafe.  I thought they were kind of masculine and the sentiment was inspired by the Zoom Goes My Heart stamp set from The Craft's Meow (designed by the fabulous Karen Baker) which is on my (very long) wish list.  The sentiment (which I created with Lawn Fawn's Claire's ABCs) led me to these cute little Amy Tangerine car and heart stamps.  I chose the Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames die for the window because it made me think of an exhaust cloud which I'm sure you'd have with all these cars around!!  The picture below shows the window a little better.  As usual now that I've finally made one window card they don't seem so scary anymore!  Perhaps I'll try a few more...  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Car & heart from Ready Set Go Amy Tangerine, (Border from Fillable Frames #5) Papertrey Ink, (Sentiment from Claire's ABCs) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron, Certainly Celery) Stampin' Up
Die: (Fillable Frames #5) Papertrey Ink

19 comments:

Lindsey said...

Last minute Lucy, *snort*! Count me in on that. Love this fun card!

Karen Dunbrook said...

Cute card....

~amy~ said...

now how cute is this?! perfect and oh-so-cute.

None None said...

Cute, Jen!! I love your background paper challenge take and the window is so cool!

Maureen Morton said...

Great 2-fer, Jen! Loving that scalloped window!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!!

Joyce said...

This is so very cute, and a wonderful idea for a window card.

Joyce said...

This is so very cute, and a wonderful idea for a window card.

Unknown said...

Love this card...cute bug!

lostinpaper said...

Uber CUTE! I love love love your 'handmade' background!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Don't you love how that works - you finally try one of the dreaded techniques & lo and behold, it's easy? :) I love the colours - and the exhaust cloud shape is perfect!!
Nothing as inspiring as the last minute, btw.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks for linking this up to the Make a Card with a Window Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Thanks also for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Those cars with the hearts ares super cute!!!!!!

Love how you interpreted the scallop punch out as exhaust! Perfect!!!

Karen B. said...

Absolutely adorable, Jen!

DIANA L. said...

great design

Jenny said...

Those little cars are cute... that's some traffic jam!!.. Lol
The cloud shape window is very apt too :0)
Jenny x

anya said...

How cute! This is such a perfect lovey dovey card. The sentiment is adorable with the little heart car. Looks great in this week's challenge colors, too! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Alicia said...

That little card stamp is precious. Cute card too! Love seeing you and your creativity at The Play Date Cafe. :)