Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You & Me


Welcome and say hello to today's Triple Threat Card!!  I haven't played along with CAS-ual Fridays in a while and this week they've asked us to use letters on our cards.  I've had these red, shiny letters for ages and thought they'd make for a fun Valentine card. There was no ampersand in that letter set so I stamped and embossed this Hero Arts one and layered them on top of it.  The hearts in the background are also Hero Arts and since they have a Love category in their monthly challenge this month I thought I'd play along with them!  Then I discovered that the February Gallery Challenge at Paper Crafts Connection also has a love theme going.  Sweet!  I'm in!!  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Ampersand from You & Me, Heart from Be Happy) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko,
Embossing Powder:  (Black) Ranger
Punch:  (corner Rounder) Marvy Uchida
Stickers:  (Red Scrap Metal letters) Petals & Possibilities

10 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is really fun - I love the fun font and the shine of the letters and all the topsy turvy hearts!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is fantastic Jen, love the shiny letters!

Deb said...

Jen, those shiny letters are just perfect!!! Love your card! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lindsey said...

Those are fun letters -- shiny and in a funky font! They are a perfect contrast to the black and grey of the rest of the card.

Karen B. said...

Great layering on a CAS card.

lostinpaper said...

Lovin' those funky pink letters!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love those patterned hearts - and the huge ampersand! AND those letters were obviously waiting to be used here. That pop of shiny red is perfect against the grey & black!

Joyce said...

Fun and clever. I love that giant Ampersand.

Unknown said...

Love those funky letters, Jen! Beautiful neutral background using tone on tone colours. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays Challenge:)

Jo Nevill said...

Lovely card, I love the pink lettering.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

Hugs

Jo x