Monday, February 25, 2013

Old Paper


My fabulous bloggie buddy Jessi is on the design team for Shopping Our Stash and this week's challenge is to use your oldest patterned paper.  This paper is from a K & Co 12x12 paper pad that I picked up back in 2008.  It's got a couple of little pieces snipped from it here and there but for the most part it's pretty intact!  I thought it would be perfect for the challenge and for the thank you card I needed to make.  I cut the paper with a Nestability, inked the edges with Dried Marigold Distress Ink, added the die cut and sentiment and called it a day for a clean and crisp design.  I've never played along with Shopping Our Stash before but I'm guessing it could be pretty useful for nudging me along to use up all those hoarded bits and pieces.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend!  :) 


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Que Sera Sera collection) K & Co
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Botanical Silhouettes) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (Memento Gray Flannel) Tsukineko, (Dried Marigold Distress Ink) Ranger
Dies:  (Fresh Dasies) Simon Says Stamp, (Nestabilities Small Labels) Spellbinders
Gems: (Beetle Black assortment) Doodlebug

7 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the subtle background. It is perfect against the gorgeous delicate die.

Joyce said...

Beautiful card, and I love the look of that paper. I never heard of that challenge before, but it sounds like a fab idea.

Jessi Fogan said...

*fabulous* that you played along! I just loved the idea & playing along so much that I HAD TO throw my hat in at their DT call :) You're gonna get addicted!
All that white space is perfect for using up this sort of long-hoarded paper - it gives it a new look altogether :)

Lindsey said...

This is just about perfect! And your oldest paper is a lot nicer than my oldest paper, which is maybe why I've procrastinated about playing... :P

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, I would be spoilt for choice with old patterned papers to use!!! I could re-decorate the craft room*wink*
Love how your card turned out Jen, the inked edges really make that paper look smart :0)
Jenny x

Linda said...

Jen this card is so great! I really love what you did

Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Crafty hugs!

Linda x

Maureen Morton said...

Love that paper and how you used it - I need to shop my stash, or clear it out. Hardly ever use pattered paper, but have too much. Great design here, Jen.