Friday, February 1, 2013

Love Is In The Air


Good morning!  I'm playing along today with LeAnne's sketch over at the Paper Players.  It's another CAS sketch although slightly more "stepped up" than last week's.  I'm continuing on with my Valentine's cards as I'm getting lots of requests at work.  Only another week or so of them before it's time to move on to Easter cards!  I haven't been too into making Valentine's Day cards in the past but I'm really enjoying it this year.  I've been rediscovering lots of love themed stamps like these Papertrey Ink ones from the Tiny Treats and Tremendous Treats sets.  So many cute little images!  I embossed the plane and then highlighted parts of it with a grey marker.  That Papertrey cloud die has long been a favourite of mine and I thought it would make the perfect setting for the sentiment!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Head in the Clouds paper from Love Me Do collection) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Plane from Tremendous Treats: Valentine, Sentiment from Tiny Treats: Valentine) Papertrey Ink, (Heart from Sugar Rush) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Die:  (Clouds 1 & 2) Papertrey Ink
Punch:  (1/8" hole punch) McGill
Twine:  (Charcoal) The Twinery
Markers:  (R29, C-5, C-7) Copic

20 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love that this card is love themed and yet not all pink or red. :-) I have such a supply of "love" themed cards, that I don't need to make another one for the rest of my life! And yet I still make more, LOL!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh...I love that adorable airplane! awesome!!!

~amy~ said...

Now how CUTE is this?!

irishfaery said...

So cute! Great use of the sketch and just a darling card!

Kerry Louise
xx

Lin said...

What a darling take on the sketch, Jen! SO glad you shared it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

JJ Bolton said...

Man Jen, this is just the cutest! I adore that little plane embossed in white and done up in gray! I heart it! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Marcee Rodgers said...

This is adorable!!!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and cute, Jen! I love the little plane! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this is so cute! I have the Tiny Treats set, but I can definitely see the advantage of having the larger one too! That cloud paper as well as your cloud sentiment is adorable! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week!

Jessi Fogan said...

Aw, how cute is this? Love how you've got the sentiment on a cloud!
Valentines are not the biggest sellers for me - funny ones do, and really extra super-cute ones do, but the ones I like the best...I still have from years past! lol

lostinpaper said...

How totally sweet!! What a fab little plane and the cloud sentiment is perfect!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love the little cloud sentiment!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is just a super card! Love the plane with that tiny heart and matching sentiment!

Glenda J said...

This is brilliant Jennifer! Love your airplane... fabulous layout.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Too cute, Jen! Love the sentiment on the little cloud. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Lindsey said...

Yet another Jen creation to CASE! I should get busy, they're piling up... :D

Karen B. said...

Super sweet, and thee perfect choice of paper!

Darnell said...

This is so, so fun, Jen! What a cute Valentine idea this is for cards for the twinks!!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love Love Love!!!

Maureen Morton said...

Traveling to the stars again, Jen! I love how you used the cloud for the sentiment - brilliant! I may have to file this one away for future inspiration.