Friday, February 22, 2013

From Head to Soul


I really cannot believe that it's Friday again already.  The days just seem to be on fast forward right now.  I feel like any minute it's going to be Christmas again!  Aaarrrghh!!

Today I'm joining in with Unity's Friends With Flair blog hop.  I used a sentiment from the March 2012 Kit of the Month - From Head to Soul.  This card was a special order I had recently.  A young man who's been going through some rough times wanted a card for his girlfriend to thank her for standing by him and supporting him through everything.  He really has a beautiful soul and I hope that things get better for him and they can get on with their lives.  

And I hope you have a wonderful weekend!


Supplies Used:
Card Base:  Handy HippoCardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Perfect Plum) Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper:  (Indie Chic Saffron collection) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Frame from Mat Stack 5) Papertrey Ink, (Sentiment from March '12 KOM - From Head to Soul) Unity
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Perfect Plum) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Turning a New Leaf collection, Mat Stack 5 & Layerz Mat Stack 5) Papertrey Ink
Gems:  (Pearls) Impress; Reflections for Michael's

23 comments:

Lynn said...

What an absolutely beautiful sentiment!

Lisa Arana said...

Gorgeous use of the sentiment. Just lovely.

Jessi Fogan said...

What is it with time flying? I'm feeling it too.
Such a huge "aw" at this guy - what a thoughtful guy! All mushy and stuff :) I imagine she loved it! That sentiment is simply beautiful.

Lindsey said...

That sentiment looks like it was MADE for that frame! What a great reason to make such a beautiful card. Happy weekend to you, too, Jen!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment, Jen! Love this!

Crystal said...

What a lovely card and colors! This is one of my favorite Unity stamps, just a great pick-me-up saying. TFS!

Linda said...

great saying and love the tag it is in.

jennifer mitten said...

What a lovely card. I wish the same for that couple.....

Sam said...

Love the sentiment, beauitful card.

Gaylynn said...

This is such a beautiful sentiment. And it fits nicely into your diecut frames. :)

Angeline Choo said...

This is so lovely! I'm sure his girlfriend would love it too.

Ruby said...

Lovely card.

Tracy said...

Beautiful sentiment,gorrrrgeous card Jen!!
Hope you have a great weekend as well.
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Isn't it great that a sentiment makes the whole card! Love the felt leaves, also.

JPScraps said...

The card is beautiful! I love the sentiment

Karen (karey2005) said...

Your card really focuses on the sentiment, and it's a great sentiment!!

Lucy E. said...

Beautiful card-great sentiment!

Julie Odil said...

No Atticus pics this week? Oh well.

This is a wonderful card -- I hope it does the trick for your gentle young friend.

Glitzzynews blogspot said...

love card sentiment is special.

Miwa said...

What a beautiful card! It's so nice to hear people still appreciate others. :)

Angie said...

This card is beautiful. I love the pearls on the solid cardstock flowers.

Jenny said...

That is the perfect sentiment, love the colour choice too :0)
Jenny x

Maureen Morton said...

What a perfect card for the purpose, Jen. Know your client was delighted. What a fun color combo, too. A lovely job!