Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CASology #33


Welcome to Week 33 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:



I was so glad to see how many of you braved the Flame challenge last week.  There were so many fantastic takes on the cue word that it was really hard to narrow down winners.  You guys rock!  This week's cue word leaves a lot more room for interpretation.  I pulled out my circle punches and hole punches and created some funky flowers.  The little dots under the sentiment are hole punched too.  I love to add Glossy Accents to them and use them in lieu of gems - it gives you a perfect colour match every time!  Your turn now.  Head over to the CASology blog and check out the amazing creations by the rest of the team and then start creating!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST Sunday, 3 March.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight)  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Stripe & sentiment from Faux Ribbon) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Tangerine Tango) Stampin' Up
Punches:  (2", 3/4", 1/2" circles) Marvy Uchida, (1 1/2", 1 1/4" circles) EK Success, (5/16", 1/4", 1/16" hole punches) McGill

28 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

These flowers are fantastic Jen, love the vibrant colours!

Ardyth said...

I love your round flames (just kidding, I know they're flowers, but I'm so used to seeing fire from last week and these colours are lovely and warm). I love these mod blossoms and the bold simple layout!

Melissa said...

Jen, your card actually made me squeal! LOVE this modern looking design and how creative to use circle punches to make those blossoms! Fantastic! :)

Lynn said...

I love the graphic feel of this card. Fabulous.

Kristie Goulet said...

Such a fun card. Pinning this one! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Darnell said...

Funky fanflippingtastic, Jen! These are THE funnest flowers!! So pinned.

And wait, what with the teeny circles and Glossy Accents? Slap my momma, thank you so much!!

Jessi Fogan said...

omgosh, those holes under the sentiment are teeny! Love these funky flowers :) And I think I may be able to play without setting anything on fire!

Lindsey said...

So bold and mod! Like this a lot, Jen!

Meghan said...

Inspiring, bold, colourful! Love it!

Rosemary said...

LOVE this card, jen! your flowers are soo very cool and so very clever!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, I love these funky circle flowers! Fun card!

Tenia Nelson said...

WOWZERS!!!! That is all.

Kim Heggins said...

Jen, this is just amazing! I love your card and your choice of colors. So bright and festive.

Glenda J said...

*GASP* stunning!

lostinpaper said...

WOW JEn, you know me, I could never resist a funky flower, consider it pinned!

Kelly Griglione said...

Now how fun is this?! Love how you made your flowers out of circle punches! So modern, yet retro at the same time. Love it!!

Brandi said...

Wow this is genius and oh so cute!

~amy~ said...

super LOVE this bold and fab card!

Maureen Morton said...

So full of punch and fun, Jen! These pop right off the card. Love 'em!

Gillian R said...

What a fun card, love the bright colours

Maureen Merritt said...

I love these fun flowers. They kinda give me that retro vibe. So cool!

Julia Aston said...

I just love your bright modernistic blooms!

Jenny said...

Now they are funky flowers!! gorgeous hot colours too :0)
Jenny x

Christina said...

This is so bold and fun, Jen! Love those summery colors!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! I love the refreshing citrus colours!

Anonymous said...

A complete stunner, Jen, just love these flowers with their warm summery colours! Anita :)

Jean said...

A fantastic take on the cue word -love the bright graphic flowers.

Michelle said...

Wow! This card is superb, Jen! I love, love, love it!