Tuesday, February 12, 2013

CASology #31


Welcome to Week 31 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


While my thoughts initially went straight to Valentine's cards I have to confess to being a bit tired of them at this point!  So I started flipping through my stamps and pondering other things that are red and came to Dogs Vol. 1 by Skipping Stones Design.  Perfect!  I framed the image with some fun Nestabilities dies and then added the red paw print to help tie the sentiment and image together.  Crisp and clean and sure to be a bestseller at work.  :)



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST Sunday, 17 February.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill,  (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Image & sentiment from Dogs Vol 1) Skipping Stones Designs
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Nestabilities Labels 1) Spellbinders

20 comments:

Ardyth said...

This card makes me laugh! As a cardmaker who makes cards for animal lovers, I know this one will be a hit with your vet friends!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh this makes me laugh Jen! Love that sentiment and so so true! Adorable image too.

Lindsey said...

So awesome, Jen! Love how the die cuts mirror the hydrant shape, so clever!

Maureen Merritt said...

haha! This made me LOL! I do LOVE your card this week :)

Deborah Frings said...

LOL!!!! A brilliant take on the challenge! I adore the little paw print too!

Meghan said...

Great image and so perfectly clean and simple!

Jessi Fogan said...

I SO love that sentiment! It could get a little awkward at times, but it would be fun!
I really love the Nesties you chose - perfect frame for the hydrant :)

Judy1223 said...

What a FUN card! Brought a smile to my face...I'm sure you will have lots of people appreciate this card in your line of work!

Lynn said...

Love the sentiment!!! Such a fun card and I'm sure it will sell quickly at your work! :)

Rosemary said...

ha!! what a fun, fun card, jen... love that sentiment!

Joyce said...

So cute. I am laughing.

Jenny said...

Hehe … had to lau at that sentiment :0) there's one other thing that Rolo might try but you couldn't write that on a card!!!
Love how you went with something different for red, it'll certainly sell well in the Vets :0)
Jenny x

Keridinha said...

Hi!
So cute !
A fun card!
Você visitou meu blog, obrigada!
I follow your blog!
Você pratica o português e eu pratico o inglês!adoro!

Beijos!

Maureen Morton said...

Such fun, Jen - love the cuteness and the design. My hubby calls it doggie "pee-mail" that is left on the hydrants.

Carol L said...

Hysterical!! I just love this card, and that little paw print is da bomb!!

lostinpaper said...

Fab, Fun and Red, it's perfect Jen!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Isn't that a great SSD set? I have it too!!!

Gotta try and get to this challenge this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Tee hee ... such a fun card ... love the paw print! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

hehe love the sentiment and layout of your card.

Jean said...

Oh so very fun! Love how it all ties together.