Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CASology #30


Welcome to Week 30 of CASology!  Here's the cue word for this week:


When I saw this week's cue word I googled Grimm's Fairytales.  I had no idea how many tales there actually are!  I ended up being so overwhelmed by all the titles that I hastily closed that page and decided to simplify.  Princesses are a fairytale staple and I always call my goddaughter Princess.  Her birthday isn't for a few months but it's never to early to make a card is it?  I swear I'm either cutting and gluing like a mad woman at the last minute or I'm ready months in advance.  I really need to find some middle ground!  LOL! Anyway, I'm really excited to see all the entries for this week so check out the DT cards and then get crackin'!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that submissions are due by 4pm CST Sunday, 10 February.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Crushed Curry) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Berry Sweet collection) K & Co
Stamps:  (Crown from Hats Off To You, Sentiment from Happy Everything) Lawn Fawn
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  Michael's
Other:  Smooch

21 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Your card is fantastic Jen, love the patterned paper!

Ardyth said...

I googled Fairy Tale and if you think Grimm wrote a lot, wait til you get into all the Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Indian etc, etc, etc, ones! That would be a big read! This is a perfect card for a little girl - I love the blingy crown!

Beckie said...

Love it.
Be blessed, Beckie

Melissa said...

Jen, this is just so sweet! LOVE the patterned paper "princess" and the little crown perched on the "p" is such a wonderful idea!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Hmmm, second blog in a row participating w/ CAS#30. I guess I may have to take the hint!

Love how you popped the crown up!!!

Fab :)

Darnell said...

You can't mess with a simple classic, Jen, and your card for your goddaughter is just adorable! She is going to love the pink patterned paper and that sweet little popped-up tiara!!

Lisa Arana said...

Darling little card for a sweet princess.

Judy1223 said...

Jen, I wonder how many of us went on Google to get inspiration?! Your princess birthday card is fabulous...LOVE the patterned paper and the die cut letters...so pretty! Sweet crown, too...great bling!

Kristie Goulet said...

Sweet card!!!

Anonymous said...

A fairytale card indeed. Thanks Jen for dropping by at my blog.

Maureen Merritt said...

This is so sweet! I love the large text mixed with the stamping!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oooh, this is going into my crafty vault for the future! I love the little crown balanced just so, and you can't go wrong with that fun sentiment :)
BTW, I refer to our tabby cat as Princess Fluffybutt. She is most definitely a princess in attitude, and well, you can guess where the other part came from ;)

Meghan said...

This was a tough cue card this week! I love your take. Wish I'd thought of it!

lostinpaper said...

This could be a card for any age lol! It's just perfect Jen!

Lindsey said...

Challenge #30 already! Amazing. This is the perfect girly paper to cut the princess letters from, and I love the little crown!

Karen B. said...

The crown is a brilliant touch!

Rosemary said...

So very sweet, Jen.. the perfect card for a princess!

Gillian R said...

Fabulous card, that pink is just perfect for a little princess

Jenny said...

Yep I'm always cutting and glueing at the last minute too!!
Love the crown at a jaunty angle :0)
Jenny x

maria f. said...

I love the PP letters and I bet she's gonna love the blingy crown!

Robin K. said...

I loooove the combination of die cut and stamped words! The pp you used to back the die cut princess is perfect as is that crown used to embellish the "p"!