Thursday, February 14, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #15


Welcome to Week 15 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch designed by Lisa Arana:


I love a punny sentiment and I've had this corny idea in my head for ages.  This week's sketch gave me the perfect opportunity to get it on paper!  Tee hee!  I also made a version with a smaller spoon.  Which do you like best?


Can't wait to see how this sweet sketch inspires you all.  Check out all the stunning creations at the CAS(E) This Sketch blog and then get to work!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Spoon from Healthy Vibes) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Heart Prints) Papertrey Ink

18 comments:

Ardyth said...

I personally think that the large spoon has better balance for some reason. I love the punny saying!

Message Keeper said...

Great use on the spoon and sentiment! So funny!

Joyce said...

So punny--I mean funny!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great new sketch and the way you used that stamp set is brilliant--and funny.

Jessi Fogan said...

To be perfectly honest, the sentiment delights me so much that I had to look twice to realize the spoons were different sizes :) After noting that, lol, I too think the big spoon somehow balances better.
As a dog-loving aside, Abby likes to sleep spoon-style. If I'm napping by myself, she plays big spoon, all 30 lbs of her :)

Beckie said...

Hilarious! <3 it.

Be blessed, Beckie

Lynn said...

Ha...absolutely love it.

Darnell said...

Okay, seriously? So funny, and so well done, and so pinned!!

Jay Gee said...

I prefer the big spoon - too funny Jen :)

Lindsey said...

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. :D A perfect card for today! I'm leaning a bit more towards the card with the bigger spoon, too.

lostinpaper said...

Hilarious Jen, this made me laugh out loud! My fave would be with the larger spoon.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy Larson said...

I like them both but the large spoon totally has my heart since the sentiment is all about it. This is a super clever card, Jen! AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, clever ... great pun and I'm with everyone else, the large spoon is in perfect balance with the heart! Anita :)

Maureen Merritt said...

Eek! I love this card. The sentiment made me giggle :) I like the large spoon.

Maureen Morton said...

Love them both, but I'd vote for the large, as it really echos your funny sentiment. What a great card, Jen.

Lisa Arana said...

Love them both, but a bigger spoon means more ice cream so I pick that one! Lol.

Jenny said...

Can you believe that sentiment is new to me since joining blogland!! Never heard it before then. I think the longer spoon is my fave, looks great set on the heart :0)
Jenny x