Thursday, February 7, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #14


Welcome to Week 14 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch designed by Jackie Rockwell:



My card grew from the Hero Arts sentiment banner I used.  Heydey Sentiments is one of my new favourite sets - so many fun, funky fonts and designs!  The thought of my happy place initially led me to the Craft Cave which really didn't lend itself to the sketch!  LOL!  So next up was sunshine in paradise and Paper Smooches helped me out with the palm trees and sunshine.  Where does this sketch take your creative mind?  Check out all the gorgeous inspiration by the design team on the CAS(E) This Sketch blog and then get crafting!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Suede) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Palm trees from Get Outta Town, Sun from Eco-Friendly) Paper Smooches, (Sentiment from Heydey Sentiments) Hero Arts
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Rose Red) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Nesties Standard Circles Large) 
Gems:  (Mini Pearls Bumblebee assortment) Doodlebug

19 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this - wishing I was there right now (30 cms of snow coming!)

Maureen Morton said...

This couldn't be more fun or perfect - great use of a great sketch! I wanna be there, too.

Lindsey said...

I'll make it unanimous -- I want this to be my happy place, too! So perfect. (Although I'm thinking you should challenge yourself to make a Craft Cave happy place card. :P)

Lisa Arana said...

Ahhhh, that is a fab happy place. Super cute.

Julia Aston said...

What a fun sketch - and your card is super! I think this 'place' (sun and palm trees) would make a lot of us happy!!!

Jay Gee said...

How perfect Jen!... I would certainly be happy in such a place :)

lostinpaper said...

Jen, this is just TOO much FUN! I Love love love those bold happy colours!

Karen B. said...

Such fun colors!

Kim S said...

Such a fun little scene!! Perfect!

Joyce said...

Oh, how fun. That is probably what it looks like where you live (me, too!)

Jessi Fogan said...

Well, I'm with Ardyth & Lindsey, mainly because we're all in that 30cm storm region ;) They're estimating up to 40 or 50 cm for us - we get a combined storm front. Yay?
I love the doodled look of the sun, and the great pop of red for the sentiment!

Jenny said...

Now that scene shouts Bermuda to me so I guess home is your happy place?? :0) Love that funky sun taking centre stage and all those bright colours :0)
Jenny x

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is this?! LOVE

Jackie Rockwell said...

So bold and fun Jen! I could use a summery happy place like that right now. A blizzard is headed our way today!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

With 18" of snow coming today - your happy place is mine too today!!!!

What a fun and happy card!

Notes by Nina said...

Super fun card, love the little scene you created.

Darnell said...

Ooooooooh, I want that to be my happy place, too, Jen! That's a sensational take on the sketch!!

Chrissy Larson said...

Another awesome card! I love this one and the boldness of it. Those pearls are pretty awesome too!

Glenda J said...

Super cute! Love the bright colours. Might have to try out this sketch