Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Little Notion

**This is my second post for the day.  For my A Passion For Papertrey post please scroll down or click here.**



Hello again!  I'm back from a lovely afternoon in the Craft Cave. I got some special orders completed and also played along with the current Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World.  Initially I was a bit intimidated by all that ribbon and lace but after reminding myself that I didn't actually have to use ribbon and lace I was able to get down to work.  I took my inspiration from the colors, the lace, the rickrack and the buttons.  It took a bit of fiddling around with the elements until they "felt" right but I like the final result.  Have a lovely night and here's to a good week ahead!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Kraft) Papertrey Ink, (Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Calypso Coral) Stampin' Up
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Asian Fusion) Papertrey Ink
Ink:  (Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Die-namics Butterflies) My Favourite Things;  (Rickrack Border Papertrey Ink
Gems:  (Light blue) Craft Supplies for Less
Washi Tape:  (Lost & Found 3:  Oliver) My Mind's Eye

13 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great use of the colours - they actually look like you wanted to use all of them (sometimes it's hard to make a card look like that when you're given the colours). That was not explained very well, but I really, really like this!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your take on this challenge. A beautiful clean and simple creation!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Terrific take on the TT!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great colours and card for the Tuesday Trigger Jen. I love how you descibed your process.

Joyce said...

This is a great take on that challenge photo. Love those colors.

Tasnim said...

Your card is just so beautiful! Love the colors and arrangement of elements! GREAT take on the trigger.

Lindsey said...

Yep, I look at that trigger pic and my brain just kind of shuts down. :P I'm so impressed how you cut through all the noise and made this clean and gorgeous card!

Shay said...

Fabulous card and a wonderful take on the Trigger! I love the colors and movement the butterflies lend to your card.

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE the layered butterfly - and the way you've drawn out the colours of the photo! Awesome :)

lostinpaper said...

I had plans to play along this week but alas ended up in hospital instead. Home again now and all is good, but I agree it was a difficult one, but you really rocked it Jen, perfect colours and texture!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful! Love the ric-rac, lace tape and charming butterflies!

Kelly Griglione said...

Agree with Ardyth, looks like you weren't made to use these colors! Who knew they looked so well on kraft?!

Lisa Arana said...

Ooh, I really like this. Such a different color combo that you really made work. The layered notions are great!