Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sorry For Being Prickly...

**This is my second post for today!  For my Paper Smooches Sparks post please scroll down or click here!**


I love punny cards and this one made me giggle while I was making it.  :)  I used the colours from the Market Street Stamps Paint the Town Challenge and the cactus from Travelscapes.  The cactus is my favourite image from that set - so cute!


It was another humid, grey day here today so I holed up in the Craft Cave again while Luis braved the elements and cut the lawn.  Thanks to the rain we had last week (yay!) it was looking a little wild out in the yard but now it looks lovely and I love that fresh mowed grass smell!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured white) Bazzill, (Smooth white) Pacon, (Real Red, More Mustard, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Cactus from Travelscapes, Cane background) Market Street Stamps
Inks: (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Punches:  (2" & 2 1/2" circles) Marvy Uchida

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love it:)

Lindsey said...

Awesome use of the colours, Jen! Perfect layout, too.

Lynn said...

So cute...love the subtle texture on the red panel.

Joyce said...

Very cute.

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

so cute and a card i could do with at the moment .. the cold is making me a little grumpy with the peeps! lovely talking to you today, chat up soon xxx

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, I wish Luis could come mow my lawn :( We've had torrential rain the last 3 days and it was ready to be mowed before that...I'm going to need a scythe by the time it dries up enough to cut it!
I love that cane background - it adds so much texture to the cs, and how awesome is that sentiment? I feel like I could carry around a stack of these cards lately & pretty much give them to everybody I see.

lostinpaper said...

Supa fun sentimetn and FAB image! You really make the best 'punny' cards Jen!

Ardyth said...

Love the boldness of this card! And you're a better person than I am if you can actually send it to someone! lol!

Maureen Morton said...

I remember those telephones - and that vintage ad! You did wonders with these colors - perfect for your prickly mood! Love the way you used this cute image, Jen. Fun! You just need a hungry buzzard.....

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE the that punny sentiment and the bold colors!

Melissa said...

That sentiment is great! LOL! Love it!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a perfect, little, CAS creation, Jen! Thanks so much for playing in this month's Paint the Town Color Challenge!

Jenny said...

Love this card too....so funny but totally usable, especially by me ;0)
Goodness no wonder Luis has been suffering.... swinging a lawn mower around is definitely not going to do him any good.... they dont make good patients do they!
Jenny x