Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanks Ever So Much



I've got 2 posts for you today and I am determined not to forget them like I did my Play Date Cafe post yesterday. Doh!!  Major blond moment but I have an excuse as I got an early Christmas present - an iPad!  I was very excited and more than a little distracted so I totally spaced on my post.  It's not going to happen today though (even if those Angry Birds are calling my name...)  Okay, onto the card.  This is only the second time I've managed to play along with the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge.  I love the inspiration photos Kim provides and I must play along more often (add that to the New Year's Resolution List!).  I'm also going to enter this little number over at Young Crafters Unite's die cutting challenge.  


I was thrilled today to have my twig and ribbon card featured on  Freehand Scraps' Ten Fabulous Christmas Ideas post.  Pop over if you have a chance because they have some super cute ideas.  :)
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Bashful Blue, Pacific Point) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower from Friendly Flowers, Sentiment from Pretty Phrases) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Fresh Snow) PTI
Embossing Powder:  (Butterscotch) Adirondack
Die:  (Nestabilities Labels Seventeen) Spellbinders
Impression Plate:  (Linen & Canvas) PTI
Gems:  Doodlebug

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Ahh...I love the card today...and way to go on your Moxie Fab win - did you see or are you too busy with your new toy? I have one and love it! What are your favorite apps so far?

Emily Leiphart said...

Absolutely fabulous interpretation of the photo, Jen! Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

Courtney K said...

what a beautiful card Jen!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL--love that yellow embossing over the blue!!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

An elegant sweetie, Jen! Hugs xx

Karen B. said...

The embossing on top of the blue is such a great idea, what a fun card.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous creation Jen! Love the stamped flower label, especially with the embossed sentiment!
Congrats on your well deserved Moxie win! Yipppeeeeeeee!

Jessi Fogan said...

The accolades are rolling in for you lately - I love it :)
I've got to remember to get something going for YCU this round - after all I use dies all the time. Love the gems & the butterscotch embossing powder looks so cool. I've got to dip into trying some colours other than the standard ones....

Audrey said...

Wow, I love how the gold embossing just pops off the page, and the rhinestones are the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for joining us for the SPARKS Challenge :)

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

that's hilarious ... i would still be there slicing fruit or dropping birds! cute card jen. always love your hint of bling :)

Anonymous said...

oh, congrats on your early xmas present! so fun.

pretty card, love the colors and the embossing.

Jenny said...

Love it Jen, the shaped mat is a perfect match to those frames :)
An ipad eh! I plumped for the iphone out of the two and as always...made the wrong choice ;)
Jenny x

Lindsey said...

Fellow Angry Birds fan here! :P
This is a beautiful card -- love how you picked up on the inspiration pic's colours.